Today started out like any normal day, but boy did I have a few surprises in store for Mommy and Daddy. After church, I managed to move my knee one motion in a crawl-like manner for the very first time. They were pretty shocked! I took a nap after that and then figured out how to sit up in my crib. That was fun, too.
After my nap, I tried to crawl again, but really didn't have much luck. It's so hard! Then we ate dinner and went upstairs to play. I finally had the chance to try some crawling, and I actually managed to move a few times, even as much as a foot! Mommy grabbed the cell phone and recorded some video:
Here is a picture of that perfect "pose".
That was about 6:15pm and we were all so excited. After 13 months and 5 days, I had finally taken my first crawl, even if it was just a few inches. Around 6:40pm, I was downstairs again and decided that I hadn't accomplished enough today. So I decided to take my first steps. Mommy flipped and Daddy grabbed the camera as fast as he could.
They don't have any pictures yet, but the videos will suffice. I might also add that today, for the first time, I managed to lift myself back up from my hands and feet. You probably saw my "almost attempt" in the video.
What a day! I don't know about you, but learning to crawl, walk, lift myself up, stand unassisted, and get to a sitting position in my crib is a lot to do for the very first time in a day. I think tomorrow I'm going to try jogging or riding a bike. Maybe I'll even surprise Mommy by saying her name. Hmm, what to do, what to do.....
Oh my goodness, Hannah!!!!! You are a rock start!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust decided to save it all up and then do it all at once. And that walking bit was AWESOME!!!! You looked so strong and in control and went really,really far. There's no limit now!!!!!
Note to mom and dad, yo may think you are happy about the crawling and walking but that just means they can get into stuff so much faster. Just sayin'.