On Sunday, we celebrated my very first birthday. I had no idea it would be so much fun! We had some family come and visit, ate some yummy food, and the guests even brought presents just for me! Rebekah had fun, too, but I'm pretty sure she thinks those presents are for her. I will need to educate her on that minor detail.
We started out with the "Happy Birthday" song, which sounded like so much fun! Then Mommy had to help me blow out the candle before I stuck my finger in it and burned it to pieces. Then it was time for cake! Mommy made these no-sugar banana muffins which were delicious. Why haven't I had these before??
Rebekah had a muffin too, but mine was bigger!!
At one point, my muffin fell, and I was so devastated I didn't know what to do. Mommy was pretty intuitive to my cries for help and retrieved my muffin and gave it back. Whew. That was a close one.
Next was presents. That was awesome! These gifts were full of tissue paper, which was probably the best part. Rebekah and Mommy helped me get to the "real" presents underneath all that fun.
I needed some help getting those presents out of their fancy packaging, so Aunt Linda helped us out. Kendall helped, too, and even showed us how to use some of the new toys.
Since walking is my favorite activity, I spent some time cruising along the couch, walking with my walker, and getting help from Uncle Craig.
He has a beard. That was too cool.
After we were all done, Mommy, Daddy, and Rebekah joined me for a family photo. I was a little distracted in this one, but it still captures my very first birthday. Congrats to me!

No comments:
Post a Comment